Thursday, March 12, 2009

St. Joseph Gymnasium



I am one of those people who really enjoys old fashion. I think movies set during a different era, or place fascinate me more. I really enjoyed Pride and Prejudice, well I liked all the moves based on Jane Austen s novels. For those of you who have seen any of these kind of movies know what I am talking about when I say those wide victorian mansions... or the houses that should be considered a castle. Well thats exactly how my new school looks. I feel like I am entering someones home every time I go to school... and I swear that it could be used in any film.

When I thought of what my new school might look like I was thinking just a regular school... nothing speical just a place where kids have to go and learn, or in some cases sleep. As my host moms friend pulled up to the school I was looking at this old building that to me looked like some rich persons house.

You see right next to my school is another school and that is more recently built so when we pulled up I thought that the school which is actually the other school next to my school was the school i was attending ( say that 5 times fast ). My host mom pointed to the old building and said well theres your new school. I couldent believe it, I felt like I was in Pride and Prejudice like I just jupped into one of the pages of a book. The school is so beautiful on the outside and the inside as well. There are more stairs than I could possibly count, and all the floors are wooden, or marble. Every door is an old fashion door made out of a reddish wood, and even the bathrooms put to shame Shells gas station moto to have the cleanest bathrooms along the I-80. You cant tell by these pictures just how nice this school looks on the inside but as you can see from the front view of the school there is stained glass... thats because there is a church right inside the school... because most of my school is catholic we have religion class in that room. On a nice day the room shines with colors. Also in every room hangs the cross, and in every hallway. Each morning we have to say a prayer, and for each language class too...well mostly french. French is a little hard to pray with because we have to pray in french and I am not to good in french. Drawing the cross across my cheast will take some getting use to, at first I didnt know if after I touched my head if I was suppose to touch my left or my right shoulder first. Well of course now I know how to do it, but I have never done it before so it was difficult to pick of the first couple of times.

Its funny because I attend an all girls school, and everything about it is Romantic. It also looks just like any private school should look.... expensive. :D Well I am enjoying my fairy tale school, and I hope these pictures really grasp the full beauty of this school

2 comments:

chad.02 said...

wow that school building SHOULD be in a movie. yipes

Holly said...

It's quite ivy-league looking. Have a GREAT time with Mom, Doug, & the girls. I'm so jealous they'll be there with you soon!