Thursday, March 19, 2009

Family trip here.

I have been counting down the days till part of my family comes up to see me and its funny how time works... how slow the days go but when they are here how fast they speed up. On the day they arrived I was like a kid at Christmas just waiting to open my presents. I was waiting in the airport when I spotted mom through the automatic doors. I started getting really impatient because the doors would open and than I would see them in the back and than the doors would close... they were the last ones out of the airport. I thought that I would not recognize them, or that because I havent seen them in so long there wouldent be anything to fill the awkward silence with.. but it wasnt like that at all. Actually it was like I never left them. We picked up right where we left off and jumped from one conovorsation to the next. There are alot of fun things we did so here is just a run down on some of them. On friday they arrived and we went back to my guest parents house and let abby and christine settle in while mom and doug were at the hotel doing the same. We all met here at my host families house for diner, and some wine. We stayed up pretty late... well i know abby christine and I did. The next day we got up early and headed down to a government bunker. Where if there was ever a nucleur war a select 3000 people would be able to sruvive a month down in thsi bunker. That was pretty cool to see, and than we ate lunch and had some more wine... well actually I forgot to mention it was my birthday so we had cake and champagne througout the day. Than on sunday it was a longer tour. We went down the Rhein and visited castles, forts, went to the point where the two rivers meet. We also visited the bridge of Reamagen. We saw alot of places that day. Than on Monday we went around Rheinbach and Meckenheim and everyone got to see my schools, and than later on went shopping and site seeing in Bonn. Than on Tuesday my host mom took us to the museum of history in bonn and than we went back to Rheinbach so they could meet my first host family. Finally on wednesday we went to Koln where doug and I climbed all the stairs to the top of the Koln Dom, we did some shopping again, and than everyone met my counselor and we went from a pub to a pub where we ate. It doesnt seem like we saw or visited alot by just writing it down but really we were everywhere. I was not lieing to the family either when I said they walk ALOT here. Abby and christines legs were both sore from all the walking. Mom was enjoying every minute of it while remembering back to when she lived here. Doug liked to see all the site seeing and was the only one up to walk all the stairs to the top of the dome. I am pretty sure you will all hear from them what they got to do. It would be a little to much to write down here.

So this morning I had to watch them as they left and it really didnt hit me until I was home that I was once again alone. I half wanted to jump on the next plane after them because I miss just having that closeness with my family again. I think I can survive one more month though and I am excited to see everyone when I get back :D

6 comments:

smost said...

BOO! I'm so jealous....WWAAA :'(

Feel free to blog about the absence of Sarah and how horrible it was.

Hannah said...

haha sorry sarah... i did mention that only part of the family was there :D

chad.02 said...

i'm not the jealous sort at all, but, i'm jealous!!

without a doubt i'll be taking a germany trip within the next few years. you can come with of course. fun shall be had by all.

Holly said...

Let's all go! Hannah can be our tour guide. I'm sure Abby would be in too--if only to see her latest crush again. : )

AbbyAllen said...

I had the funnest time of my life over there, and has probably made so many memories that I will remember for life. I would absolutely LOVE to go back, in fact it took all I had to not refuse to go on the plan and leave. I didn't want to go, I'm sitting in a hotel exhausted, been crying since I left, and was awake 20(some) hours. I know what you mean hannah, when I said bye to you I didn't feel any sign of tears or a lump in my throat, but as soon as that plan took off I was all tears and couldn't even talk I cried for 14 hours straight along with christine. Mom's been crying also (typical mom). Christine and I have been going through our pictures over and over and luaghing at the funny memories and crying at the absence of you, really just been hysterical. Ha! and Holly you are positively right, I would most definitely go back with all of you and not to mention get to see Michael again. Who by far puts all these Ogallala guy's to shame and probably every guy I've met. I want to go back to Germany so bad, and stay there. I have fallen in love with their culture and the country. It was a wonderful experience

The sisters and me said...

We are all awake at 3:00 am ready to go and fall asleep at 6:00pm now.

I think it was harder to say good-bye and leave Hannah behind then it was the first time we said good-bye at the airport.

We loved seeing Germany but most of all we love you too Hannah. Next time everyone goes.

See you in 6 weeks, your room is ready for you, but I am not sure whose closet all your clothes are hanging in.